Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Life Lessons

One of the most influential things anyone has ever said to me is from an old neighbor of mine when was talking about his clothes. He started to tell me about this new pair of shoes he bought (they were skate shoes), and how he didn't wan't to get them muddy or scuffed up playing football. Now, I had seen multiple people wearing these shoes before him, and they were, for lack of a better word, the "cool shoes" to wear! He wanted to look cool; at least, that's what he said. He was dressing like half of the kids at my middle school, and he was out of highschool! Now, thats not a problem. He can dress any way he wants!

Now, to clarify for you guys why this is so important to me, here's a bit of a back story. Throughout middle school, I was...well, akward. I kept to myself, and I only had a few friends untill a few weeks before the end of 8th grade (during a class trip to the San Juan islands). I was bottled up inside, because I was afraid to share who I was with other people. I too bought skate shoes and baggy jeans, and I was another face in the crowd. I still am, one person out of 1800 kids is miniscule at best. But from the time Blake told me that, I decided I was going to try my hardest to express myself, and to blazes (there were many words I could have put there, none of them school appropriate. I couldn't think of anything else to say, so I put blazes) with what anyone else thought of me! So maybe I look like a weirdo, maybe I'm a bit different ( I do my best to do this), who cares! The way I see it, if I show people what I'm really like, the right friends will come to me!

Keenan

No comments:

Post a Comment